|UMTS Signaling focuses on providing an overview and reference to UMTS UTRAN and Core networks. Details of the standards, the network architecture, objectives and functions of the different interfaces and protocols are described and the latest updates for Rel. 4, Rel. 5 and Rel. 6 features are included. Additionally it comprehensively describes various procedures from Node B Setup to different Handover types in the UTRAN and the Core Network. The focus on wireline interfaces is unique in the market. All signaling sequences are based upon UMTS traces from various UMTS networks (trial and commercial networks) around the world.
With this book you have access to the first universal UMTS protocol sequence reference, which allows you to quickly differentiate valid from invalid call control procedures. In addition all the main signaling stages are explained, many of which had been left unclear in the standards and valuable tips for protocol monitoring are provided.
UMTS Signalling gives you:
A valuable resource for Network operators and equipment manufacturers: engineers, technicians, network planners, developers, researchers, designers, testing personnel and project managers.
- An in-depth description of the tasks and functions of UMTS interfaces
- An in-depth description of the tasks and functions of UMTS protocols
- Potential to analyze specific protocol messages
- Support to reduce time and effort to detect and analyze problems
- Explanations of how to locate problems in the network
- Tips and tricks for practical interface monitoring